CHARTING THE END OF THE ROAD FOR 116-YEAR CLUBHOUSE

FOR more than a century, the old clubhouse with its distinctive clock tower served Royal Dornoch members and visitors from around the world well.

Now its replacement is providing golfers with luxurious 21st Century facilities which are worthy of the famous Championship Course.

Remarkably, there is now little sign of the building which opened in July, 1909, to replace the original modest wooden clubhouse, with three rooms and a corrugated iron roof.

Golfers taking to the tee to start their round on the llnks for the first time find it hard to believe there was a clubhouse yards to their left just a few weeks ago.

Award-winning photographer and local resident Matthew Harris captured the demolition process with a timelapse camera and it can be viewed here.