1941
World War Two bombers are stationed at Dornoch. The entirety of the Ladies course on the lower links, three holes on the Championship Course and the clubhouse are requisitioned by the Air Ministry for the duration of the war.
The landing ground is decommissioned in 1945.
Compensation for the loss of the courses and clubhouse is finally settled in January 1950. The delay in payment poses a serious financial threat to the Club’s existence.