We have an exciting opportunity for a new Head Chef to join our well established team. The successful applicant will become a member of the management team and will be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen providing the quality of food synonymous with the Club’s image and high standing in the world of golf.
Our preferred candidate will:
- Display high standards of cooking and food presentation
- Varied and extensive knowledge of food and menu construction
- The ability to manage costs and minimise wastage by running an efficient kitchen.
- Have strong management and leadership skills
- Be capable of exhibiting strong guidance, motivation, development and management of staff.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Have knowledge of and commitment to compliance with Health & Safety, Environmental, Employment and other relevant legislation
All applications should be made by e-mail and will be treated in the strictest confidence. They should include a written covering letter explaining how you consider you meet our requirements.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Applications should be addressed to:
Neil Hampton, General Manager
(closing date for applications Wednesday 17th January 2018
and initial interviews are scheduled for w/c 5th February 2018)
Should you wish to register your interest for the above position then please download an application here .
This newly created senior role of Retail Manager will be the leader of the golf shop(s) retail team and will be responsible for the smooth running of the golf shop(s), maximising their efficiency and financial performance and be a key player in delivering the vision of Royal Dornoch.
The role will be responsible for ensuring that the right amount of goods are available in store and are being sold at the right price through shrewd planning, careful purchasing and sensible promotions. The post holder will also assess the needs based on factors such as the size of the shop(s) and their target demographics while increasing sales by communicating with members and visitors.
The role will involve working on the shop floor with regular contact with the customers and staff and will be responsible for ensuring great customer service.
- Meeting and working closely with buyers, suppliers distributors, analysts and other merchandisers to plan product ranges.
- Ordering stock, negotiating quantities/prices and delivery time-scales and handling supply/production problems as they arise.
- Managing budgets with input on predicting sales and profits.
- Maintaining statistical and financial records.
- Assessing sales performance and setting stock promotions/price reductions as appropriate.
- Maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so.
- Ensuring all sure items are displayed attractively.
- Setting up and managing stock control systems both in the shop and the warehouse, conducting stocktakes and investigating possible causes for discrepancies.
- Assisting in recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff.
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints.
- Scheduling retail employees to cover all hours of operation.
- Sharing product knowledge with customers and with golf shop(s) team members.
- Delegating tasks to staff such as cleaning, stocking, customer support, or working the EPOS/booking systems.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Good people skills and an outgoing personality to inspire the retail team to do their best by being a role model and an authoritative example of their possible future with the club.
Key skills and experience required
- Applying candidates should have a CV that details
- Proven extensive experience in the retail sector.
- Evidence of providing a high quality retail experience and customer service.
- A proven track record of managing a retail team.
Knowledge of the workings of a world class golf facility or similar would be desirable.
Excellent salary circa £30,000-£35,000 dependent on skills and experience is on offer plus various generous company benefits, negotiable for the right candidate. Benefits include 31 days paid leave per year, free Golf Club membership at Royal Dornoch, above average pension contribution and an opportunity to live and work in on the of the best locations in the world.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with this client for this vacancy on behalf of Royal Dornoch Golf Club so please submit your CV on line or to
0131 550 1138
Closing date for applications: Monday 22nd January 2018
Permanent & Seasonal Staff Vacancies
Are you looking for the opportunity to gain some valuable experience and exposure to the golfing and hospitality industry or merely desire stimulating seasonal employment?
If this describes you, we will have the following opportunities available at Royal Dornoch Golf Club.
To complement our core team, we are looking to employ enthusiastic, hard-working, and engaging people in a variety of positions starting from March 2018.
Our vacancies include:
- Golf Course - Seasonal Labourers
- Kitchen - Permanent Sous Chef & Permanent Kitchen Porters
- Front of House - Seasonal and Permanent Bar & Waiting Staff
- Golf Shop - Seasonal retail team members
Golf Operations - Seasonal Team Members for Meet & Greet, Starter and Ranging dutiesHours and salary will be negotiable based on experience, although previous experience is not a prerequisite.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact Royal Dornoch Golf Club, Golf Road, Dornoch, IV25 3LW
Tel: 01862 810219 ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 2nd February 2018.
Should you wish to register your interest for any of the above positions then please download an application here .