Food & Beverage Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Food & Beverage Manager to join our well-established team.
- Management and development of current and future hospitality provision of Royal Dornoch, which includes the Halfway House, and any future hospitality outlets the club may have.
- Manage and run all aspects of the hospitality function both front and back of house.
- Be an integral and active part of the senior management team which will establish, monitor and update suitable overall performance criteria and ensure these are consistently met by your team.
- At all times, you will ensure the image and traditions of the Club are being upheld and promoted by all Royal Dornoch staff, whatever area they work in
- Provision and ongoing development of consistently high quality and seamless hospitality services to Members and Visitors.
- Effective financial control of all aspects of the hospitality provision, both front and back of house, to agreed budgets and targets i.e.
- Gross Profit Margins
- Stock levels, control and rotation
- Input and control of staff rotas to ensure appropriately experienced staff and agreed level of customer service in line with budget.
- Deal with staff issues including disciplinary and grievances.
- Supervise bar & waiting staff and kitchen staff whilst on duty and monitor absence and lateness taking appropriate action where necessary, devolving this to front of house manager and head chef in your absence.
- Ensuring that all hospitality provisions comply with all relevant licensing, health & safety and hygiene legislation.
- Create, maintain and grow a management team and culture with the front of house manager and head chef which reflects that of the club.
- Encourage and oversee the front of house manager and head chef to build inclusive teams within their respective areas whilst you draw all these staff together to be a fully coordinated and seamless hospitality team.
- Actively encouraging effective teamwork, individual contribution and the personal growth of all the hospitality team members.
- Actively fostering positive and constructive interaction and co-operation with other teams within the Club to improve the overall level of service provision.
- Identify potential developments and expansion of the service offered to improve overall profitability, increased utilisation of facilities and enhance the enjoyment of Members and Visitors e.g. Food and Bar menu composition and changes during the different seasons and events, initiatives to encourage local partonisation during quieter periods, social events, corporate events etc. Subsequently instigate such activities as are endorsed by the General Manager, House Sub Committee and Council of Management.
- Develop and maintain constructive and co-operative relationships with Club Officials and other members of the management team to ensure the highest possible levels of hospitality is provided thus enhancing the reputation of the Club and the overall “visitor experience”.
- To carry out all other reasonable instructions emanating from the General Manager.
Role Requirements. The successful candidate must have -
Appropriate hospitality industry qualifications.
Previous experience in a Food & Beverage management role.
Previous experience and track record of financial control and staff engagement.
Expansive knowledge and understanding of all legislation impacting on the catering provision e.g. licensing, health & safety and hygiene etc.
Should you wish to register your interest for the above position then please download an application here and return with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE 9th MARCH 2018